X9 Mastercam Post Install Instructions
Post install instructions for X9
1. Save the zip file containing the post from your email to an appropriate place such as the desktop.
2. Extract the files from the zip file to a folder this will create a folder with the files.
3. Start Mastercam.
4. Go to File, Open Shared Folder.
6. Copy and paste the machine definition (.mmd-9, .lmd-9, .rmd-9, .wmd-9) and control definition (.control-9) into the “cnc_machines” folder of your Mastercam shared folder.
7. Go back to Mastercam and add the machine to the appropriate “Machine Type” list if it does not already exist To add a machine to the machine type list, click “Machine Type” in the menu bar. Then under the appropriate menu (Mill, Lathe, Router, Wire), select “Manage List”.
Then select the machine from the list and click “Add”. To close the window, click the check mark. Once the machine has been added, select it from the menu to make it active.
If you are getting a new machine definition or control definition and need to update the machine definition in a Mastercam file that had the previous version of the machine/control definition loaded follow the steps below.
8. In the “Operations Manager”, click the “+” beside “Properties” and then click “Files”.
10. Select the machine definition file even if it is selected already.
This will load the new machine definition and control definition settings into your current Mastercam file and overwrite the old settings which current file is using.
Note: Be sure to replace the machine definitions using the above steps whenever new machine and control definitions are received from your Mastercam reseller. Always keep a back-up copy of your existing machine and control definitions along with the post.
Presented by Sandy McClintock, Applications Support Specialist
Do you have a topic or question you would like to see us cover? Let us know in the comment section below!