Are you interested in working within the CNC machining industry and using cutting edge machining technology? Do you enjoy solving problems, coaching and training people? If you do, this is the role for you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will join our technical team in a key role providing onsite and remote technical services to our valued CNC manufacturing clients, specifically those using Mastercam. Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support at customer locations including software installation, implementation, training, and troubleshooting.
- Independently assess customer needs and provide detailed scopes for quoting purposes.
- Communicate with sales to identify customer training or software update needs.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and resolve technical issues via phone, email or onsite.
- Learn new product and service offerings and assist with training our team.
- Provide online/phone support.
Education & Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in General Machining, Tool and Die, CNC Programming, or equivalent Engineering experience.
- Previous experience using Mastercam and/or other CAD/CAM software would be an asset but we are willing to consider new graduates.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to troubleshoot computer and networking issues
- High willingness and patience to learn, train and teach others
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel
- Previous CMM Programming experience would be a definite asset
- Must possess a valid G license and have access to own reliable vehicle, availability to travel 70%+ of the time within Southwestern/Central Ontario (Reimbursement for mileage, expenses and cell phone is provided). When not travelling to customer locations, you will be able to work remotely from a home office and attend occasional meetings and training in our Cambridge office.
- The ideal candidate will be located in the Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga or Hamilton areas.