Are you an experienced Mastercam Programmer and Machinist looking to get off the shop floor and put your expertise to work supporting others? Do you enjoy programming, solving complex technical problems and advising on best practices? If you do, this is the role for you!
You will join our technical team in a key role providing end-to-end contract Mastercam programming, manufacturing assessments, and reverse engineering services to our customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects from start to finish.
- Perform onsite manufacturing assessments including efficiency reviews; consult on customer processes; identifying gaps and advise on fixturing, setup, etc.
- Conduct onsite and remote discovery/requirements gathering sessions.
- Collaborate with the Sales team to build and communicate the ideal customer solution.
- Manage cost assessments needed for proposals, statements of work, and change orders.
- Program complex CNC machining operations.
- Troubleshoot G and M code for errors; working with one of our Post Processor Specialists as required.
- Conduct a smooth project hand off to the customer by providing training, direct support, and leading close-out meetings with key stakeholders.
Education & Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in mechanical technology, machinist/toolmaker/moldmaker ticket, or equivalent.
- Expert level proficiency in Mastercam software with 5+ years of multi-axis Mastercam machining experience.
- Experience in programming and operating a variety of CNC machines (e.g. mill, lathe, wire machines, router, etc.) and controls.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills that will assist you in tracking jobs and deadlines of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated CAD (e.g. SolidWorks, Autodesk, etc.) and MS Office Suite experience (Excel, Word).
- Must possess a valid G license and have access to own reliable vehicle, availability to travel 50%+ of the time within Southwestern/Central Ontario (Reimbursement for mileage, expenses and cell phone is provided). When not travelling to customer locations, you will be able to work remotely from a home office and attend occasional meetings and training in our Cambridge office.
- The ideal candidate will be located in the Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga or Hamilton areas