Are you a new grad looking for an exciting career opportunity in tech? Do you enjoy learning something new every day and solving complex technical problems? If you do, this is the role for you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will join our technical team in a key role providing installation and support for machine monitoring and communication software on our customers’ CNC equipment. Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects from start to finish.
- Perform onsite visits and complete required scope documentation.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams and ladder logic.
- Install dry contacts and connect I/O devices to the network.
- Install ethernet and wi-fi serial hardware.
- Communicate with our customers’ IT departments to ensure we have proper access to their networks and equipment.
- Set up and conduct live demonstrations of the software.
- Perform troubleshooting and support upon completion of installation.
Education & Skills
We are willing to train the right candidate! To support you in your learning, you will be working along side our qualified technicians.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- An Electrical Engineering/Electro-Mechanical Engineering post-secondary diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams.
- The following skills and experiences would be definite assets:
- PLC and PLC programming
- Computer networking
- Experience with SQL databases
- CNC programming experience
- Must possess a valid G license and have access to own reliable vehicle with availability to travel 80%+ of the time within Ontario and across Canada/USA (reimbursement for mileage, expenses and cell phone is provided). When not travelling to customer locations, you will be able to work remotely from a home office and attend occasional meetings and training in our Cambridge, Ontario office.