Are you an experienced CNC Machine Operator/Programmer looking to get off the shop floor and put your expertise to work supporting others? Do you enjoy solving problems, coaching and training people? If you do, this is the role for you!
You will join our technical team in a key role providing onsite and remote technical services to our valued CNC manufacturing clients, specifically those using Mastercam.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support at customer locations including software installation, implementation, training, and troubleshooting
- Independently assess customer needs and provide detailed scopes for quoting purposes
- Communicate with sales to identify customer training or software update needs
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and resolve technical issues via phone, email or onsite
- Learn new product and service offerings and assist with training our team
Education & Skills
- Post-secondary education in mechanical technology, machinist/toolmaker/moldmaker ticket, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience with CAM software for CNC machining (ideally Mastercam). Hands-on experience with CAD software would be an asset
- General computer and networking knowledge required
- Experience with machine tool communications would be an asset
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel
- High willingness and patience to train and teach others
- Must possess a valid G license and have access to own reliable vehicle, availability to travel 50%+ of the time within Southwestern/Central Ontario (Reimbursement for mileage, expenses and cell phone is provided). When not travelling to customer locations, you will be able to work remotely from a home office and attend occasional meetings and training in our Cambridge office.
- The ideal candidate will be located in the Kitchener-Waterloo, Mississauga or Hamilton areas