Join a team where your ideas will make a difference and assist in the continuous growth of Mastercam!
As a member of our Post Processor Development team, you will tailor Mastercam’s tool path output to specific CNC controls and machine tool configurations. You will assist in the development of post processors for customers with CNC Mills, Routers, Lasers, Lathes, Wire EDMs and other applications. The role also involves interacting with our customers, suppliers, resellers, and OEM contacts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather machine tool and control information for quoting and development purposes.
- Develop posts using vector and matrix mathematics, inverse kinematics and kinematics of machinery, structured-text programming and advanced manufacturing technologies.
- Test, troubleshoot, and deliver Mastercam post processors to customers.
- Develop C-Hook and NET-Hook custom applications.
- Address manufacturing applications involving multi-axis and multi-tasking machine tools.
- Setup of machine environments for machine tool simulation.
- Generate and implement new ideas that will continuously improve the current product.
Education & Skills
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- While previous experience is not required, you must have hands on experience with CAD/CAM software such as Mastercam, Solidworks, CATIA, NX, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel
- Working knowledge of various CNC control languages, CNC machining experience and/or modern programming languages would be definite assets.
The successful candidate will receive training on Mastercam, post processor development, and machinery/control methodology as required.
The ideal candidate may be located anywhere within Canada. We offer a flexible working environment with the ability to work remotely from home on a full-time basis.