Download Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks
Go to the following website to download Mastercam 2017:
Once the files have been downloaded, see the Installation Steps further down this page.
Note: Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks will only run on a 64-bit operating system. It will not run on a 32-bit OS.
You will also require a maintenance cut-off date of June 30, 2016 or later to run this release.
Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks Installation Notes:
1. Mastercam will install into the following default directories on your computer.
- C:\Program Files\McamForSW2017
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\shared McamForSW2017
- C:\Users\”users.name”\Documents\my MCamForSW2017
Note: The C:\mcamx structure is no longer used.
2. Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks will not overwrite or modify any existing Mastercam install.
3. Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks will not automatically migrate any setting from any previous version of Mastercam.
4. You must be logged on as Administrator to install Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks.
1. Select the link and download mastercam2017fsw.exe. Pick the option to save the file and place it in a location you will remember, i.e. your desktop.
2. Select Run.
3. Select Mastercam 2017 Installs.
4. Select Next.
5. To configure the Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks install for SIM Type or Shared Folder Location, select the Configure button.
Note: To change units, you must do this in SolidWorks.
6. If you are using a NetHASP, you can change the SIM Type. Then select Done.
7. Select Next.
8. Read and accept the license agreement. Then choose Next and wait for Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks to install.
9. When the installation is complete, select Exit.
10. Once Mastercam for SolidWorks has been installed and you’ve launched SolidWorks, you will need to add it to SolidWorks Launch programs so it starts with SolidWorks. To do this, go to Tools, Add-Ins.
11. Pick the option to activate the Add-in and the option to start up so Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks starts when you boot SolidWorks.
Note: You can only have one version of Mastercam for SolidWorks active at a time. If you wish to use an older version, you must first de-activate the version you are currently using and then activate the version you wish to utilize.
Tip: If you are installing Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks on multiple computers, put the mastercam2017fsw.exe on a USB stick and then you can copy the executable to each computer and install Mastercam 2017 for SolidWorks.
Also ensure you back up the mastercam2017fsw.exe somewhere safe in case you need to re-install the software at a later date.