Download Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS
Go to the following website to download the latest version of Mastercam:
Once the files have been downloaded, see the Installation Steps further down this page.
Note: Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS will only run on a 64-bit operating system. It will not run on a 32-bit OS.
You will also require a maintenance cut-off date of May 31, 2018 or later to run this release.
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS Installation Notes:
1. Mastercam will install into the following default directories on your computer.
- C:\Program Files\McamForSW(version)
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\shared McamForSW(version)
- C:\Users\”users.name”\Documents\my MCamForSW(version)
Note: The C:\mcamx structure is no longer used.
2. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS will not overwrite or modify any existing Mastercam install.
3. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS will not automatically migrate any setting from any previous version of Mastercam.
4. You must be logged on as Administrator to install Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS.
1. Select the link and download mastercam2018fsw.exe. Pick the option to save the file and place it in a location you will remember, i.e. your desktop.
2. Select English (United States).
Note: To change units, you must do this in SOLIDWORKS.
8. Once Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS has been installed and you’ve launched SOLIDWORKS, you will need to add it to SOLIDWORKS Launch programs so it starts with SOLIDWORKS. To do this, go to Tools, Add-Ins.
Note: You can only have one version of Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS active at a time. If you wish to use an older version, you must first de-activate the version you are currently using and then activate the version you wish to utilize.
Tip: If you are installing Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS on multiple computers, put the mastercam(version)fsw.exe on a USB stick and then you can copy the executable to each computer and install Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS.
Also ensure you back up the mastercam(version)fsw.exe somewhere safe in case you need to re-install the software at a later date.