THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
SOLIDWORKS USERS FEEL AT EASE WITH MASTERCAM
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS combines the world’s leading modeling software with the world’s most widely-used CAM software.
With Mastercam toolpaths integrated directly within the SOLIDWORKS environment, the toolpaths are applied directly to the part or assembly. Intelligent use of design tables and multiple configurations makes working with families of parts easy.
As a Certified Gold Partner product, Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS delivers the absolute best in 2- through 5-axis milling and turning CAD/CAM integration.
Flexible and expandable.
No matter how complex a part, with toolpath associativity, any modification to the job means the toolpaths are updated immediately. You can also build a library of your favorite machining strategies, apply them to a part, and Mastercam helps adapt them to the new model. Because Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS is a fully integrated SOLIDWORKS Certified Gold Partner, it’s fast, easy, and productive — the way programming should be.
Mastercam’s active Stock Model, Toolpath Verification, and Simulation mean increased confidence on every project. Tool library support, including CoroPlus® and MachiningCloud, helps you make tooling decisions fast.
You can choose to buy Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS alone, or you can purchase a standalone license of Mastercam Mill, Lathe, or Router and have the option of also running the corresponding version of Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS.
Serious 2D capability.
Your daily needs for 2D machining can range from simple to very complex. Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS delivers the tools you need.
- Feature Based Machining (FBM) automatically programs prismatic solid features like drill holes, contours, and pockets.
- Remachining uses smaller tools to automatically clean out material left from previous operations.
Dynamic Motion powers much of our 2D suite. It allows you to maximize your material removal rate, and can lower your cycle time, while increasing the life of your cutting tools. Check out our Dynamic page to hear it directly from Mastercam customers.
2D toolpaths in Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS deliver easy and optimized pocketing, contouring, drilling, facing, and more.
Our finish is more finished.
Mastercam delivers superior finishes and optimized cycle times. Our smart, hybrid finishing creates a single toolpath that changes cut methods as the slope of the model changes. Our refined 3D toolpaths give you the smooth, precision finish to please even your toughest customers.
- Dramatically efficient roughing powered by Mastercam’s Dynamic Motion technology.
- New Equal Scallop strategy provides superior surface finish and smooth machine motion.
- Constant-Z rest milling (remachining) identifies and machines areas that need to be cut with a smaller tool.
- Hybrid finishing creates a single toolpath that changes cut methods as the slope of the model changes.
- Pencil tracing walks a tool along intersections to clean out hard-to-reach areas, such as internal fillets.
From the smallest medical part to the largest automotive mold, Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS ensures efficient roughing
and precision finishing for any product.
TIME AND MONEY
“Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS is making my job easier. I’ve been using Dynamic toolpaths to get better finishes. It works so well that I’m getting work done in half the time.”
Nolan Farmer, Owner
Farmer Plastics & Machining, Inc., Jamestown, CO
Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS gives you streamlined control over the three crucial elements of multiaxis machining: cut pattern, tool axis control, and collision avoidance. From 4-axis rotary and roll die cutting to multiblade impellers with tight internal cuts, Mastercam helps simplify even the most complex jobs.
Other highlights include:
- Multisurface 5-axis roughing and finishing (including depth cuts), plunge roughing, and flowline machining.
- Swarf machining over multisurface floors.
- Advanced gouge checking and safe tool motion around the work piece.
- Fast, simple 5-axis trimming and stock-aware drilling.
- Easy creation of complex, 5-axis motion from simple, 3-axis toolpaths.
From basic 5-axis contours to Dynamic roughing and complex finishing, Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS streamlines multiaxis programming by design.
Fully integrated turning for SOLIDWORKS.
Powerful turning strategies in Mastercam for SOLIDWORKS complement our milling toolpaths, giving you a complete turning toolkit. Functionality includes:
- Easy roughing, finishing, threading, grooving, boring, drilling, and cut off.
- Face and cross contouring and drilling.
- Intelligent ID and OD roughing, including roughing to a boundary for castings.
- Dynamic Motion roughing to extend insert life.
- Tool Inspection to check tool wear conditions during your roughing, finishing, and grooving operations.
- Toolpath verification to ensure your parts are machined as intended.