Issue: Inventor 2016 or Inventor View 2016 files unable to open in X8 or older
Cause: Mastercam X8 (and older) dlls versions are older than the ones installed by Inventor 2016, this causes a conflict.
Note: At any point that (version) is present enter/insert/reference the version of Mastercam in question.
ie. A path states as ‘C:\Program Files\mcam(version)\common’ if you are working in Mastercam X8 the path will be ‘C:\Program Files\mcamX8/common’
- Close all Mastercam and Inventor programs
- C:\Program Files\mcam(version)
- Rename dll to TBB.old
- Rename dll to TBBMALLOC.old
- Copy TBB.dll and TBBMALLOC.dll from Inventor or Inventor Viewer folder to mcam(version) folder
- C:\Program files\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\Bin
- C:\Program files\Autodesk\Inventor View 2016\Bin